Kardamyli is nestled between tranquil blue bays, dark cypresses and a sea of olive trees in south Peloponnese. On one side of the horizon is the calm Gulf of Messinia, on the other, the imposing presence of Mt Taygetos. Our SUP & Snorkel trip here is a super fun experience suitable everybody, combining Paddleboarding and Snorkeling along the beautiful cliff-lined coast of the Mani.
We meet at Foneas beach, a few kilometers south of Kardamyli. After a short introduction to stand up paddleboarding where you will learn the basic paddling techniques, how to turn, stop and stand up until you grow confident on your board, we are ready to go. Starting at a slow pace, we shall practice our skills, stop occasionally to enjoy magnificent the landscape and take pictures. The perspective from a Paddleboard is unique, giving the paddler a different perception into the water where it is common to see the fish and sea turtles swimming below the surface. In addition, the view from on top of the water is equally impressive. The beauty of the imposing cliffs around the coastline is so breath-taking that you feel as if you’ve left the real world behind you. Soon we will be exploring hidden beaches, and paddle inside coves with turquoise water. We will be paddling into sea caves, swim into hidden caverns, enjoy gliding alongside the cliffs and for those who dare an option is a cliff jump into the water. Halfway we shall make a relaxing stop for swimming and snorkeling. Time to discover the richness of the underwater world. A delicious picnic is scheduled half way, sourced from farm-fresh, local producers carefully prepared by your guide.
Meeting time: 9:30 a.m.
Meeting point: Foneas Beach
Duration: 4 hours including breaks
Suitability: Family friendly, Group friendly, Couples, Seniors, Youth, Kids over 5 years old
Know before you book
– Super stable and easy to paddle Paddleboards
– Full SUP equipment: paddle, life jacket, leash, dry bags
– Snorkeling equipment: goggles & snorkels
– Land and water-based Paddleboarding instructions
– British Canoeing (BC) trip leaders also holding first aid certificate.
– Eco friendly cultural and educational guiding
– Picnic with freshly baked bread fruits and vegetables, homemade olive oil, and cheese
– Waterproof camera and photographs from the trip
– Liability insurance
– All taxes
– Water (please bring your own full bottle of water)
– Transfer to meeting point
– Tip or gratuity
There is a minimum of 2 participants for the implementation of this outdoor activity.
We reserve the right to modify or cancel any outdoor activity due to bad weather or any other reason beyond our control.
Private trips available.
Discounts available for families and kids.
Hotel pick up / drop off upon request.
Know before you go
What to bring with you:
– Bottle of water (1,5 litre per person)
– Any specific medication you are on
– Hat or cap
– Short or long sleeve t-shirt (quick dry if available)
– Swimwear or shorts
– Change of dry clothes
– Sea shoes or flip flops or sandals (Avoid bulky shoes, trainers and socks